Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are probably some of the most difficult of cookies to make look appetizing. At least for me, my chocolate chip cookies taste pretty good but don't usually look very good. Well these cookies are a different story. These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten. They are moist and fluffy and not to mention they look pretty darn good! This recipe is great for so many reasons! The only disclaimer to this recipe is that its a pretty small batch. I made mini cookies so I got a good amount but if your wanting to make a lot of regular sized cookies you may want to double the recipe. Also, this recipe is incredibly easy.

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl (a stand mixer works best), cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a cookies scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min until edges are barely golden brown (tops will not brown, but do not NOT cook longer than 10 min). Let cool on cookie sheet for a few min before removing to finish cooling.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting that it has cornstarch. I'm going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also made another batch using whole wheat flour and they are just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously the best cookies i have ever made!!

    ReplyDelete