Monday, August 15, 2011

Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad

I also felt guilty for not posting as much as Emilee, but in my defense we have been out of town. This is just a little twist on regular pasta salad, but by adding the chicken it makes it filling enough to be a main course and it's light for summer.

2 C Bow Tie pasta uncooked (I always do more than that.)
2 C Broccoli florets- Because you cook it you can use either fresh or frozen
1-2 Chicken Breasts Cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 C halved cherry tomatoes ( I got mine fresh from mom and dad's garden)
1/2 C Italian Dressing
1/2 C Cheese crumbles- I always use feta but it probably doesn't matter
1/4 C Grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta as directed on t5he package, adding the broccoli in for the last 3 minutes, then drain.

Toss chicken, tomatoes, dressing, and cheese crumbles in a large bowl. Add pasta mixture and mix lightly.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate several hours until chilled.

Makes 4 Servings

1 comment: