Thursday, November 3, 2011

Country Fried Pork Chop with Gravy and Asparagus

This is another one that I don't really have a recipe for but is really good and I did take a picture so I had to share even though I don't quite remember what I did exactly.
Country Fried Pork Chop and Gravy
Take your
Boneless Pork Chops and dredge in some flour seasoned with- Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Garlic Powder, (or whatever you want I don't remember exactly what I put in those are some of my go to spices). If you want to keep it simple you can just use seasoning salt.
Put Floured pork chops in egg wash (2 eggs and some milk)
Put Pork chops back in flour one more time. (Save your flour for the gravy)
Heat Pan with some oil and when it is hot add pork chops. Brown all the pork chops and place on a wire rack over a cookie sheet (to keep the crust from falling off and they don't get soggy) and bake at 350-400 till done.
Add some butter to your pan (about 2Tbs) and melt and add your flour (same amount as your butter) Make a rue and let it cook for a minute to get rid of the flour taste. Start thinning the rue with some milk (Slowly whisk it in). You will need about 2 cups of milk just slowly add it till it is at the consistency that you like.
Pull out your pork chops and enjoy with mashed potatoes

Baked Asparagus
Asparagus
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Coat asparagus in oil and salt and bake at 400 for about 10-15 min. until they are done and a little crispy.

2 comments: